USA Election – The Graphic Novel

9 Nov

This is the United States of America:

This was the USA during the presidential campaign:

51518137 - broken heart icon. flat design vector illustration with long shadow. happy valentine day and love symbol.

This is the USA today:

52854194 - broken red heart isolated on white background

This is my dream for the USA:

To get there, this needs to happen:

And then we’ve got to stop doing this:

And start doing this:

The END

21 Responses to “USA Election – The Graphic Novel”

1. Margarita November 9, 2016 at 4:24 pm #

I like your graphic novel, Jilanne! 😉

• Jilanne Hoffmann November 9, 2016 at 8:21 pm #

Thanks, Margarita. I’m feeling pretty stunned today.

• Margarita November 10, 2016 at 6:24 am #

Yes. Me, too. As is my family. (Cue up Gloria Gaynor singing “I WILL Survive.”) 😉 xoM

• Jilanne Hoffmann November 10, 2016 at 6:10 pm #

You’ve got me dancing, now. 😀

• Margarita November 11, 2016 at 6:09 am #

Yayyy!!! Sure beats the hell out of despair, Jilanne! lol 😉 xoM

2. cricketmuse November 9, 2016 at 8:40 pm #

Creatively expressed ✅

• Jilanne Hoffmann November 9, 2016 at 9:37 pm #

Thanks! Why do I get the feeling you’re in essay evaluation mode? LOL.

• cricketmuse November 10, 2016 at 4:57 am #

English teachers are always evaluating essays. Is my pithy , yet meaningful commentary status showing once again?

• Jilanne Hoffmann November 10, 2016 at 6:09 pm #

Your commentary is both pithy and meaningful. Well done! 😀

3. Lady Fancifull November 10, 2016 at 12:31 am #

At least it made me smile to find a post from you in my reader. Will buy a job lot of sticking plaster today. Poor, poor,us. I mean humanity, how did we get this hurting? It was such a brave venture when we discovered what we could do with food and fire, and making images of animals on caves, and fashioning bearskins (sorry bears) to keep us warm, and making squiggly signs to stand for things…

• Jilanne Hoffmann November 10, 2016 at 6:06 pm #

Glad I could give you a smile. We need them right now, along with the sticking plaster. Miss you! I promise I will be back! Most likely later this year.

4. Kate Johnston November 10, 2016 at 3:06 am #

Love your graphic novel! I hope we can heal and move forward. Will be an interesting venture.

• Jilanne Hoffmann November 10, 2016 at 6:11 pm #

Thanks, Kate! Something about “may you live in interesting times….”

5. Letizia November 10, 2016 at 4:29 am #

A wonderful reminder; love the little graphic novel. We are still absorbing the shock, I think, but if we continue to stand up for freedom and equality for all while remaining open and compassionate, I hope we can all move forward without being affected by fear and hate.

6. Sheila November 10, 2016 at 9:56 am #

No wonder my heart feels like it’s broken. 🙂 Yes, we’ve got lots of work to do. I guess moving to another country isn’t the answer after all. 🙂

• Jilanne Hoffmann November 10, 2016 at 6:11 pm #

No, it’s not. We really need to figure out a way to listen to each other and work together. Just like marriage counseling….

7. lizricewrites November 12, 2016 at 10:27 am #

Exactly!! Each one of your graphics depicts my feelings and in that order this week! You showed it well. I think that after the heartbreak and heartache we will wake up rise up and Do = what we feel needs to be done – to heal us, each other, and our country.

8. Ste J November 16, 2016 at 3:02 am #

Can’t really argue with that. Time to bring common sense back.

• Jilanne Hoffmann November 16, 2016 at 10:15 am #

That, and a little more civility, kindness, and hope.