There’s No Story Like “Snow Story”

10 Feb

Folks, when I read Mike Allegra’s (children’s book writer extraordinaire) post this morning, I couldn’t stop laughing.

Oh, yeah, Mike prefers laughing rats over laughing cats. Here you go, Mike:

The answer to the often-repeated question “How do you know if you’ve got a character-driven book?” lies within his hilarious anecdote.

And for those of you who don’t care about the difference between character-driven and plot-driven stories, just—ah—read it and weep.

Snow Story.

22 Responses to “There’s No Story Like “Snow Story””

1. FictionFan February 10, 2015 at 10:52 am #

HahaHA! Thanks for sending us over – brilliant story!!

• Jilanne Hoffmann February 10, 2015 at 10:54 am #

He’s got plenty of material to work with, doesn’t he? 😀

2. heylookawriterfellow February 10, 2015 at 11:38 am #

Thanks for the shoutout, my friend! (I am so grateful I shall overlook that evil looking rat pic.)

3. Carrie Rubin February 10, 2015 at 1:23 pm #

Wasn’t that a funny story? I was reading it on my iPad in the dentist’s office, waiting for my kids to finish their exams. I laughed out loud and made a fool of myself. What a great story to rehash at their family holidays.

• Jilanne Hoffmann February 10, 2015 at 1:33 pm #

That’s when you stand up and read it aloud to everyone in the office. Oh yeah, I forgot you are an introvert. Sorry. 😀

• Carrie Rubin February 10, 2015 at 1:36 pm #

Yeah, that problem wouldn’t happen. 😉

4. Sheila February 10, 2015 at 1:24 pm #

Thanks for making me laugh – not only because of that story but also because of that crazy kitten picture!

5. cricketmuse February 10, 2015 at 7:23 pm #

Oh, you two play nicely or I’ll have to separate you.

6. Lady Fancifull February 11, 2015 at 2:13 am #

And what a clever kitten to write that story!

• Jilanne Hoffmann February 11, 2015 at 9:26 am #

Oh, dear. We had better not speak of those furry little felines here again. He gets very twitchy whenever they’re mentioned…..

7. Letizia February 12, 2015 at 2:06 pm #

I loved this story too; he always makes me laugh!

8. Kate Johnston February 13, 2015 at 1:29 pm #

Thanks for sharing! Seeing as how I’m pretty much a sitting duck in just as much snow out here, this is very appreciated!

9. ThisKidReviewsBooks February 13, 2015 at 3:29 pm #

Yes, that is pretty funny! So funny, I fell off of my beanbag chair! (which is hard to do) 🙂

10. Ste J February 16, 2015 at 3:41 am #

Thanks for sharing, it has put a smile on my face this Monday morning.